Criteria for Application
A student must be a current, enrolled student in a Chicago Public School entering DePaul University in the Fall 2019. The student must also:
1. Meet all DePaul University standard admission requirements.
2. Complete a DePaul University admission application and receive an acceptance letter from DePaul University. The student must intend to enroll in the College of Business.
3. Submit two letters of recommendation from a non-family member (high school teacher, guidance counselor, employer, volunteer manager, etc.).
4. Submit a FAFSA for consideration towards financial hardship to the Financial Aid office.
5. Submit an essay answering two questions (details below).
In your essay, please address these two issues:
1. Describe your commitment to furthering your education, including your career goals for the first five and ten years post college graduation.
2. Describe your commitment to your community, including past, present and potential future volunteer experience or community engagement in any volunteer, neighborhood, church or other activities. Give examples of leadership roles you have held and explain why involvement in your community is important to you.
Scholarships will be issued to up to two deserving students entering DePaul University’s College of Business in the Fall of 2019. Complete applications must be received by June 7th. Select students will be invited to an interview with the scholarship committee. Winners will be notified by the end of June 2019.
Scholarship Requirements, Disbursement and Renewal
Scholarship winners must maintain a full time academic schedule while attending DePaul in order to keep their scholarship. The scholarship will be disbursed to the student’s financial account each quarter. The recipients will have the opportunity to reapply for the scholarship for a maximum of four years renewal. Renewal will be dependent upon maintaining a 3.0 university wide GPA and submission of a letter of recommendation from a faculty member by the start of Spring Quarter each academic year.
Please note the scholarship only covers tuition and not housing, meal plans or student fees.
Recipients are required to send a progress report with their grades at the end of each quarter.
The Center for Sales Leadership will provide access to a support network throughout the student’s academic career. The network will be focused on providing mentorship and guidance in financial aid, financial planning, academic and class assistance and identifying social groups. The Center will also work with the student to secure an on campus job during their freshman year.
How To Submit
Scholarship applications must be submitted through DePaul University's Scholarship Connect website. Go to: https://depaul.academicworks.com and search 'Sid Feldman',
Sid Feldman recipients have lunch together in Winter 2015.